UG on the Road: Lunchtime with the Birds

I woke up at 10:30 this morning and thought, "Ugh! I overslept on my first day of vacation."

How ridiculous is that!?

It's pretty darn ridiculous when you consider that I am in the British Virgin Islands. No one is in a hurry here.

Now, I'm sitting on a king-size bed, drinking white wine, listening to the ocean outside the balcony window, and watching Excalibur on the BBC. I'm trying to muster enough motivation to go to the resort bar to enjoy a beverage in the company of other vacationers. What can I say? I'm tired from a day of walking along the beach and swimming in the pool.

That's really something considering I slept though breakfast. But who cares!? I'm on vacation.

And when your on vacation, you can sleep through breakfast and eat lunch with the birds. They put on a wonderful show while I sipped coffee and waited for my meal.

My dad helped my identify the birds by email. This is what he said:

"That is a magnificent frigatebird. (No, really, that is the name!)... They have the largest wings in regard to body weight of any bird in the world, and they can glide forever with hardly any energy expenditure."

I wish I could glide forever with hardly any expenditure of energy. I might just have to settle for swimming up to the pool bar with little effort instead.

And with that my friends, I must leave you. Because thinking and typing must be limited while one is on vacation... even for the fun stuff!





Comments