Bacon Cream Cheese, The Best Thing Ever

"I learned about two things today... simple syrup and bacon cream cheese, which is the best thing ever..." ~ JM at the ME's Bloody Mary Bar Brunch

This week, my friends, you've caught me in a rare state for your urban gastronomer digital girl. I'm so tired and over-beveraged, I'm short on words...

So, I present to you, a few photos from the lovely Mrs. O from our tequila-tasting adventure at Mayhuel, a gorgeous East-Village spot known for it's tequila and mezcal selection as well as the delicious and creative cuisine. You can see more of her wonderful photography, including her portraits, at her website: Kari Otero.

Tequila Flight (photo by Kari Otero)


The Herb Alpert and Palomitas (Photo by Kari Otero)


Bar Fixin's (Photo by Kari Otero)


I'll be back next week with proper bloggage... In the meantime, my digital hat is off to CME and DME for hosting a crazy tasty Bloody Mary Bar brunch!

Who knew there was such a thing as bacon cream cheese?! And thank goodness there is because nothing hits the spot better after a Bloody-Mary drinking afternoon in the sun than a garlic bagel with bacon cream cheese... and a few reheated jalapeno poppers.

Oh, and, I just have to dispel, once again, the rumor that I will some day be famous for my jalapeno poppers. It's an Emeril recipe! Here's the link: Baked Jalapeno Poppers.

I don't think one can legally become famous for someone else's recipe, but I do appreciate the growing fan base. I'll take it where I can get it.

And that my friends, must mean it's time to sign off. Stay tuned!

Comments