Mmmm.... Maple Liqueur

Fall is upon us! And, once again, ladies and g's, I missed the equinox. But, never fear. To make up for it, I am this very evening, trying to motivate my very tired, stressed out brain into concocting some new fall cocktails. And, I would like your help.

Yes, that's right.

Time to step up and use the comments section.

I want your cocktail recipes. And, if you don't have any, consider this a challenge. I throw down the lush's gauntlet!

Get out your bourbon, your scotch, your gin, your tequila and/or any variety of gut-warming liqueurs. Pull out the chiles, the nutmeg, the anise, the cinnamon, the apples and pears. And bring forth, glorious fall drinks!

I have already begun working on mine, and expect you to do the same. For example, I am sipping a cocktail of one ounce of Corner Creek Reserve Bourbon Whiskey, a half ounce of Sapling Vermont Maple Liqueur and a dash of chocolate bitters. Upon first sip, I knew I hadn't quite hit the right proportion. My technique was also sloppy, due to my lackadaisical state this evening.

But as I sat here typing my challenge to you, the ice cube melted and it's rather better if a bit watery. No worries, I'll get it right. The nice gentleman at Slope Cellars did tell me the Corner Creek bourbon is 'rustic' and best with a few drops of water or mixed such as in a Manhattan. I think another bourbon might be better for this particular cocktail.

But oh, the maple liqueur is such fun. So tasty, so wonderfully dessert like! I would say velvety but really what does that mean!? I have CME to thank for that bottle. She was kind enough to bring me a souvenir from the Vermont cheese festival.

I'm going to leave you, ladies and g's, before I either geek out completely or this blog becomes boring. Perhaps those are one and the same. The problem with mixology is that you can only try so many drinks in one evening unless you want to waste the good liquor you used in the mixing, which is not an option here! This is particularly so if you have already enjoyed a wonderful Shiraz with dinner.

So, send me some of your favorite fall drink recipes! And if you all fail to comment I have no choice but to assume no one is out there. And that would be just be sad.

Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. My favorite drink recipe:

    Favorite glass.
    2-3 ice cubes (depending on size).
    Bourbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from Trader Vicky, sassy mixologist and fellow member of the NY Cocktail Club (http://nycocktailclub.blogspot.com):

    Chris - As far as fall cocktail recipes go I think this drink just sings - although the spice level may need to be adjusted (I love spicy drinks!). The recipe is adapted from a recipe in Spice & Ice by Kara Newman - she calls it a Zapple, but I added a couple of other ingredients and christened it a Zappletini:

    1 oz. habanero-infused Applejack (I cut up 1 pepper in 1 cup applejack and let it sit 2 hours - less time will be less hot)
    1 oz. bourbon
    3/4 oz lemon juice
    1/2 oz amaretto
    1/2 oz cranberry apple cider (not sparkling)
    1/2 oz ginger 5-spice simple syrup

    Shake with ice and pour into a martini glass!

    The ginger 5-spice syrup recipe can be found here http://cocktailhacker.com/?p=1064 - it's become indispensable to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment