Driven by Flavor - Listen to this Podcast

Ladies and g's, the heat in NYC is relentless. I've had plenty of delicious cocktails to keep me cool this week, but sadly I haven't the time to tell you about them. It's rare that I skip writing in favor of sharing a link, but I'll be moving apartments in a week and there is too much packing to be done!

So, I'd like to share a wonderful interview, Driven by Flavor, conducted by Krista Tippett with Chef Dan Barber. The interview took place in 2010 and was broadcast this week on her show "On Being." You can listen to the podcast or the unedited interview or you can read the transcript.


It's a deep and intriguing discussion about food, cooking, and a chef's passion--one that is driven by "the pursuit of great flavor." This pursuit is tied closely to local agriculture. As Chef Barber explains it, "It just so happens, you are attached to great ecology by definition."


I hope you enjoy the conversation!

Comments