Untitled

Being a writer, it's rare that a Sunday rolls along and I find myself without much to say. This week has been such a mixed bag. New York persevered in the aftermath of Sandy, though many public housing buildings are still without power. Although the flood lines receded, I found myself under water with work. I turned 39 on Monday--I think this is the last year that I am supposed to count, but somehow that doesn't seem quite right. President Obama won the election on Tuesday, and CME served an amazing buffalo chicken and blue cheese dip at the election party. Thursday I learned how to pickle eggs. Friday marked two years since my mom passed away, and I tried to understand how I was supposed (expected?) to acknowledge the day. Saturday, I attended a going-away party, which always causes one to re-examine one's choice of geography. Today I had a wonderful day of QT with Mrs. O, eating brunch and drinking coffee out of china cups followed by a cupcake and rice-crispy treat on Prince Street, drinks at Puck Fair and a slice at Two Boots. 

That, my friends, is all I have to say for this week. No themes, no grand statements, no recipes, no links. Just a few photos and the hope that you will check back in next week. 








Comments